Workshops

Thursday, May 10, 2007

eating out



Last night I took Ian out to Star Anise - a restaurant we haven't been to before. Have always meant to go for a special occasion but have just not done so. It wasn't cheap by any means but well worth it and for a very good cause. Ian has worked so hard for me on the book - I think he is pretty pleased now but I am not really sure how excited he was when I first threw it at him. Probably a number of nights when he wasn't snoring but wide awake wondering. We chose a Montepulciano red which was glorious and brought back memories of the last time we stayed in Tuscany at Pietrifitta near San Gimignano and did a trip to Montepulciano.



This is Ian's dessert - licorice icecream with pavlova. A very different interpretation of the pav we know so well. (You know - the one invented in Christchurch). I had the three mandarins - well three different interpretations. Highly recommend.

The book isn't ready yet - the cover people are working on the cover. Tomorrow.....

I have decided to enrol in the Generations digititwise course and received the first modue today - I am pleased to say I worked through it easily and will stitch out my daisy tomorrow. I really don't like being so disciplined but it has been a good revision and I have learnt a few new tricks I had either ignored previously or forgotten. I want to use the programme more effectively as I like it.

I also managed to almost finish another little cushion/pillow for the Shiva stik article. Progress is being made. And the garland? Well I am gathering ideas.....

3 comments:

Penny said...

Love the star anise symbol.
Dale what is the generation whatever you have enrolled in?
I think you have both done a atirling job but give Ian a hug from me and tell him he has been doing well.
did you hear about the Aussies in marrakesh who got stabbed today by their hotel pool? I am just fienishly jealous of your trips away, poor old drought relief people we are!

Leanne said...

Where's the kiwifruit on the pav?

downunderdale said...

first we did hear about the stabbing in Marrakesh but figured we could get killed outside our house.

kiwifruit - hard to see where to put it on this occasion.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...