Workshops

Monday, February 01, 2010

felting and stitching fun


We spent most of our weekend at our warehouse stacking, unpacking boxes and cleaning up. It is a wonderful feeling when you achieve quite a bit and while there is still a lot more to do, it is a very satisfying start. We hope to be ready in a week and then we can really stand back and admire the hard work. More about that in the newsletter which is in Ian's capable hands and will be sent out some time today. In the meantime I am a little errant with Holey Moley but working on that - I diverted over the weekend with some dry felting, layering, stitching and embellishing. ABove is the piece from the other day which has now been run under the embellisher - it integrates the whole piece much more.

Detail of rayon yarn knitted and felted - wonderful texture


Silk Scrim likewise

Viscose velvet - this gives such a textural effect

Below - the piece stitched in thick silk thread but not embellished - you can see the thread sits on the top and I like it when it is integrated and becomes part of the work.


6 comments:

Doreen G said...

This looks lovely Dale.

I am inspired said...

These are lovely, such nice colours

Linda’s Textiles said...

These look great Dale - I've been doing some more pieces too - nothing finished yet. I hadn't thought to put them through the embellisher but did do a prefelt with it.

Heather said...

Something else for my Wish List - I do like the look of embellished yarns and fabrics. Your samples are so beautiful - the colours and textures are gorgeous and the stitching provides the highlights.

Maggi said...

Ooh I like these. I actually do like to see the stitching sitting on top, it gives such a fantastic texture.

Penny said...

Looks good, searching for my rayon yarn! may have to buy more, you wicked temptress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...