Workshops

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday

Yes indeed the little shelter is about mouse-size but you have to admit it is colourful and no I am not going to make one 5ft high, Helen. Our weather is still nasty and sticky but I do believe the precious doctor has arrived with a breeze so we can relax outside for a while.



Here are a few pages from my new journal - I am playing with the sprays and stamping into them while they are wet and I really like this effect. I shall work onto these pages with pen and stitch but it my 2010 project.





I have gilded this kiwi - apart from difficulty getting the glue off (you must do it straight away) it worked really well.


This is the ficifolia (eucalyptus tree) out on our verge - it has beautiful coloured flowers - you don't always know what colours they might be but this one is lovely

and this is another eucalyptus in our front garden - it has lovely flowers and they burst out of little reddy coloured buds - you can see them on the tree - lots of people pick them up when they go by. The leaves on this tree are the ones I usually take to Ally Pally to give away. When there is moisture in the air they smell wonderful - so fresh and citrusy.



For everyone waiting for the Down Under Textile magazine - I thought they were being sent last week but it turns out they left today by Aussie post so they won't be here until Monday next week - we will post them as soon as they arrive - I have now got some coming for everyone who emailed and ordered and a few extra as well.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your journal pages are great Dale - lovely textures and patterns. The eucalyptus blossoms are so pretty and I can almost feel the warmth in that second photo. I like the sound of that magazine.

Maggi said...

The journal pages look really good. Wish my eucalyptus flowered like that, guess it is the wrong kind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...