Workshops

Thursday, November 01, 2007

a little shopping in the souks

I didn't buy much in Marrakech but I did spot these cake cutters in the souks while we were wandering around lost. I thought they would be great for paper casting or paper clay etc. There was another lady busily buying up and she was shocked (I think) when I said I wasn't going to be using them for any sort of food cooking - looked at me like I was crazy or something.... As if I need to make cakes....


In Marrakech we stayed in a delightful riad - El Ouarda owned by a lovely French lady - Brigitte - with whom we were going to watch the never to be mentioned again rugby world cup final except that all three of us had lost total interest so we didn't bother. I would recommend this place to anyone - we had breakfast on the rooftop in the mornings and a glass of wine in the evening listening to the cacophany of sounds surrounding us. We had a mosque very close by and we enjoyed the way the call to prayer echoed all around the city - well rather like a herd of cows coming for milking to us (no disrespect intended by saying that). We were in the north of the medina. Pics still to come.
We have actually got a clear deck where orders go whilst waiting to be processed. All the Quilting Arts Gifts have been posted - there are still plenty left if you didn't preorder though. The CPS seems to have got lost so we don't have to worry about sending those out yet.

2 comments:

Leanne Hurren said...

Although I LOVE cakes - they look far to good for cookie / cate cutting. Can't wait to see what you create with them. Glad you enjoyed your travels

Penny said...

Now you will have us all wanting to rush down to the nearest souk to buy these! they look far too good to be used in the kitchen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...