Workshops

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lots of excitements

My mother is 93 today - I took this photo when I was over visiting her in January. She has had a stroke since then and been in hospital but is now back in Willard House. I sent her flowers from all of us and hope she had a good day. I know she is probably still hanging out to get that telegram from the Queen.....
I have had my own excitement - my new spinning wheel which Ian has spent the best part of the weekend putting together for me. I got rather lost after the first 2 screws went in. I haven't spun for a long time and want to spin some textured everything. Not the lovely fine even stuff I used to do. This is a double traveller from Ashford. So exciting but I probably won't be able to do much before we go to London early October.

I finished the article I was writing about the Flower Stitcher foot and all the samples and decided to make a wrap to put the samples in. This might be a new way to actually keep things together. It is so annoying when you can't find something. The cover is made on the embellisher and I used some of the Sari fabric scraps we got in this week, before there are none left.


I also got my very own printer/scanner/copier yesterday - an Epson. They are ridiculously cheap these days. Started working on my Digit-wise module 4 when my laptop threw up - it needs more ram so it is off to hospital tomorrow I hope. But I did do a little digitizing in frustration.


While I was searching for something else I found this little bag I made when I was working on the top which is what the piece at my header is. (now changed into a long piece) The bag body is made the same and the outer is worked on Romeo using the FS threads.


We watched the rugby last night at Bruce and Kazuko's. It is later this weekend and we nearly all fell asleep. The Springbox and the English may have won but not impressively. In fact we were gunning for Tonga - a very spirited game. Off later tonight to watch the Wallabies vs Fiji and the ABs vs Scotland.
I have a lot of Geelong preparation to do tomorrow and some bags to pack.....tut tut......




6 comments:

Sandy said...

YOu are my inspiration. I don't know how you get so much done, and all of it lovely. SAndy

Moira Anne Dickson said...

Love the wrap, it's fantastic. The colours are so vibrant. Tnink I might need to go back to the drawing board for my embellisher after seeing this.
Moira.

Moira Anne Dickson said...

oops! That would be "think"!
Moira.

picklesticks said...

I love your new spinning wheel. I have one of those on my wish list. As always its great fun to visit and see what you are creating!

Debbi Baker said...

Wow Dale - that wrap is fantastic - so colourful and interesting looking. Your productivity never ceases to amaze me - you are incredible!

Unknown said...

Hi Dale,

Happy Birthday to your mum all the way from England :)

Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...