Workshops

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

flakes and stones and middle earth

No secret about the glue I have found to use with the metallic flakes - it's on our website in the catalogue with the flakes. Here you can see I have used the glue and flakes on a piece of polycotton which had been previously sprayed with walnut ink and then stitched over it. I am very pleased with it as, like the double sided tape, it hasn't changed the handle and is smooth to work into and onto.

I am also very pleased to say that I have finally sent up my thread order for the Earth Elements collection. I think this has taken me all year by the time I procrastinated but here is the last set of colours for the 4th variegated - Middle Earth - I had a hankering for that deep turquoise because I reckon I saw it in Middle Earth when we were in NZ. Hopefully the collection will be dyed and ready in the early new year but I guess they take holidays too. The whole collection will be available in fibres and fabrics and hand threads including plain colour six strand floss. Actually loking at the colours I have scanned you would never know it is a dark turquoise but do take my word for it.
Now that that task is finally out of the way I can get onto something else. I have been cleaning up the studio and have all my stone stuff together so I can get working on that theme. This is the boatshed at Okarito.There is a very large parcel under the Christmas tree for Ian - I wonder what it could be........

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love the colours and textures in that old boatshed. I have some gilding flakes but not used them yet. I buy things and them am afraid to use them incase I waste them! I love what you have done with yours and the Earth colours are sure to be a success. Only Santa knows what's in Ian's parcel! Have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year.

Julie said...

Anything to do with the boatshed at Okarito? Have a very Happy Christmas Ian and Dale and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. xx

pascale putz said...

I do love these Earth colours. I wish you and Ian a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...