Workshops

Sunday, March 18, 2007

scroll if you turn your head

It is nearly 36 here today (and we have people coming for a bbq - I am cooking Raan in the webber). Ian went off to get the heat beads and the car tyre shredded so the poor thing was out walking without his hat in the sweltering heat but fortunately he ran into an RAC man. Then I asked him to photograph my scroll which looks nothing (you need to turn your head on the side to see it) but I am pleased with it - lots of knitted slips and stuff and all with the embellisher including the beads. in fact I think it is one of the most interesting pieces I have done this while. I will forget how to use my sewing machine soon. Only joking - I am hanging in for the new rayon machine threads to arrive so I can play with them.

I had a bit of trauma this week - I thought I had lost the two pieces I made for the AQC exhibition. I searched the house and the studio trying not to panic and sent Ian into the cellar to check out the suitcases. I thought I might have thrown them out with the rubbish. However, after 3 days of searching and wondering, I spotted some plastic sticking out from under the sofa and as I pulled a plastic bag out, I knew what it was. I was not intending to remake them, believe you me.

You can the front page of my little book on my embellishment blog.

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I love the scroll Dale and I'm so glad you found your work. I do things like that too, placing things in strange places. I tell myself when I put them there that I must remember where they are and yet deep down I know it's somewhere I would not usually put them. (Sorry that got a bit long winded and complicated VBG)

Doreen G said...

This looks great Dale even with my head tilted on one side.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Awwww, lovely, Dale!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...