Workshops

Thursday, March 29, 2007

just enough time for a little play

Just enough time for a little play with a couple of thingsmy dragons breath and iron gall inks arrived yesterday and I simply had to have a litle play. I saw Purple Missus's wonderful samples and this is a poor start but what else can you do near midnight? This is crumbled tissue paper with both inks painted on the surface and the potential for rusted and aged is so tempting. I will be playing more on different surfaces.



This time I have crumbled tissue paper and smeared paper perfect in places and sprayed over with walnut ink. It looks great on both sides. More exploration here too.

This is instead of doing my couching samples but that is tomorrow before the next stitch.

We are soooooo busy but will be caught up by Monday. All of the Quilting Arts 26s have gone out thank goodness.

Off to eat.

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

I'm also keen to try the type of work Purple Missus is doing. Those inks she uses are georgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...