Workshops

Sunday, June 09, 2013

a day off...

 The wild irises in the garden are out in flower - every year I photograph them and draw them for as long as I can remember. Barbara the cat used to sleep in this bush just outside the back door.

The All Blacks won last night against the French. We were rather nervous for quite some time but it all same good in the end.

Today has been a compulsory rest day so I have been a bit wandersome - not been allowed to do any business stuff at all. We went to the Swan Valley for lunch to Stewarts - I wouldn't really recommend it - not bad - not good. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed maybe for a few days and the food pretty ordinary. But it was a nice outing. Then we called into check out Coventry Markets in Morley.

spotted these but decided they were not really me. Lots of rain here and this afternoon the Force managed to lose again.

Tomorrow back to work - that silk fibre club is keeping me busy but I have another new club coming tomorrow as well - as soon as I get organized in the morning. Why is it that every time I add proper spellings to the dictionary, good old blogger undoes my hard work....

6 comments:

Heather said...

Those irises are so pretty. I planted about 15 last autumn and not one has flowered but the one in the pond has, after three years of waiting.
Lovely shoes if you have obliging feet. Enjoy your day off and don't get beaten by your success!

floozina said...

I love those irises too. I believe they are Siberian irises, but whatever they are they are gorgeous and brighten up the dull days of winter beautifully.

wonderer said...

I am a huge iris fan. I have several varieties. This looks like Douglas iris which is native to British Columbia and, naturally, they do very well in my BC garden! It is hard to tell for sure from the photo. But like all iris, they are exquisite.

Robin Mac said...

I really miss being able to grow irises here in the tropics, I have always loved them. Those shoes are only meant to be admired I think, not worn! I hope you enjoyed your day off, will be interested to see what your new club is. cheers

Chyfey said...

I have transplanted my iris's every time I have moved house for the last 10 +years and it wasnt till my much loved old dog Harry died that I got to enjoy the flowers .He would always decide to sleep on the patch the day the flowers would open,not sure what he had against them.But with each bloom I am reminded of him.

Chyfey said...

I have transplanted my iris's every time I have moved house for the last 10 +years and it wasnt till my much loved old dog Harry died that I got to enjoy the flowers .He would always decide to sleep on the patch the day the flowers would open,not sure what he had against them.But with each bloom I am reminded of him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...