Workshops

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

excting parcels

The nasty weather has reappeared and it has been hot again but nothing like the cyclone up north. So we have had wind and I think there are fires in places around Perth today - I have been hiding indoors, having flimsie fun.


We got a big load of new plain coloured flimsies in from Italy in all the new colours. So we now have 21 colours instead of 7 - my job today has been to clear my big table - boo hoo - it was pretty packed with stuff and I have had to stack it all very neatly so I can carry on with my writing and creating tomorrow.

 The big table gets a shock when it is exposed to light.


 Opening up more boxes containing lovely colours all carefully packed.

 I rolled them up in 1 metre rolls and then in the 50 x 75 rolls - the most popular way we sell them

and then because we now have lots of colours I created Flimsie Allsorts - rolls of 5 colours for $9.50 (these are 50cm x 38cm) - great for when you need pieces for bases, to cut out shapes, wet or dry felting etc. I have made 4 different sets of Allsorts. Kept me out of mischief for a good deal of the day - but in the air conditioned comfort of my studio - while lucky Ian worked on the GST. I also wrote my share of the newsletter.

I am waiting on a heap of deliveries but yesterday Cloth Paper Scissors #47 appeared - sent all the subscription ones out with a few left over. And more important - the Catalyst Wedges arrived. I have been waiting since late November for these. They are fabulous to use on the Gelli Plate.

Tonight we are off out with Martien and Luigi - so it's Kiwis meet Italians and French at a Thai restaurant. Always a good time....

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those flimsies come in the most gorgeous colours. Enjoy your work and play and evening out.

Digitalgran said...

Lovely flimsies, but an even better table. I don't suppose you could post one of those to the UK?

Maggi said...

The flimsies are lovely. I like the idea of Flimsie Allsorts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...