Workshops

Monday, August 18, 2008

Textile Art Festival

This is an announcement for those customers of ours in Queensland who are always asking when we are coming back to Brisbane. Hold your breath no more - we will be back in May 2009 - 29 - 31 - for the inaugural Textile Art Festival at the Brisbane Exhibition and Convention Centre (long time since we were last there) - this is a conference for everything textile - embroidery, felting, knitting quilting, spinning, weaving, sewing, wearable art, fabric and thread. I thought 'how could we not be there' so I booked a table or three today.

The format will be similar to the AQC in Melbourne in February. A three day conference component with 10 classrooms running concurrent sessions, a workshop programme for daily visitors, inspirational feature displays and retail expo running over the three days. I I believe there will be a dedicated website for the Festival before too long as well.

Also the biggest excitement today was that our 330kgs of 18.5 micron Australian Merino wool finally arrived in the country (yes we have to buy it back) so Jacinta is happy and she can get back to dyeing - I think her shed was empty. Our merino wool is so beautiful and great for felting, spinning and using on the embellisher and of course all in such wonderful colours but now we will be able to sell undyed as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks !! I'll start saving money now shall I? This sounds like an event ill have to visit...unlike most of the craft shows that appear up here.

Robin Mac said...

wackydoo, it will even be on at a time when I should be able to visit. I willstart saving now as well. Cheers, Robin

Barbara said...

Yay, I'll be saving too. It sounds wonderful. I haven't been to any shows that you have been at, so looking forward to this one.
Barbara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...