Workshops

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

rainy day


What a lovely wet day - probably just like it was at Gallipoli for ANZAC day. You would think we would have had a day off today but we have spent nearly all of it doing Thread Studio stuff - Ian has been working away on accounts and I have been packaging for the Darling Harbour show and choosing colours for the next set of Victory machine threads. The Whimsical Collection is off being dyed up. This next lot is to have a title like Festival or similar. Open to suggestions.

A few people ask about my interest in NZ rugby, the Hurricanes and my love of Wellington. Well I was born in Foxton, which as any NZer knows, is not far north of Wellington and as a child I used to love going to Wellington for the day - it was a long day too - we stopped at Paraparaumu for morning tea and had lunch at James Smiths. Well things change. . And I love the Kapiti coast. Plus even though I met Ian in Christchurch when we were at university there, I finished my degree at Victoria Uni and our sons were born there at St Helens when we lived at Glenside. Now you know. Wellington Harbour is wonderful even on bad weather days.

But I have finished twin needling the metre of velvet- yeah! And I have been painting up papers with transfer paints ready for my downunder piece and also playing with a few bits of fabrics. You would never quess that I like these colours, would you?

1 comment:

Ali Honey said...

Great colours! We love Wellington...our favourite city! We love to stay somewhere that we can look down on the harbour..a different moving scene to our own green one.
I was born a little further north than you,in Marton.
I think the Canes play the chiefs this weekend! ( we may not be talking after that Lol.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...