Workshops

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thursday Stuff



Still playing with puff paint and stuff - here I have been working black puff through a stencil - one of my favourite stencils over a hand dyed piece of fabric in shades of purples - once heated I rubbed magical mica over the puff. Very easy to stitch but I wold layer with a chiffon scarf as it makes it easier for stitching and then burn it back with my heat gun.

While I was tidying up (!), I found this little Tuscan house I made a few years ago when I was into my Tuscan stuff - the walls of the house have lazertraned images on metal which you can't see very easily and the puff scraped on with a plastic knife and fork (thanks Qantas) and once heated I painted all over with a pearl paint. I made the tiles of the roof with painted Gossamer Fuse bonded to cream panne velvet, cut and rolled and zapped and then rolled so that they looked a bit like the rooves we saw in Tuscany.

Pleased to report that the tomato plant is growing and flowers are forming. This could be the year I finally get real tomatoes.  All three waterlilies are floating with leaves and hopefully flowers will follow before too long.

If you have enrolled in Hot Textiles - Cool Stitches (thank you all very much) I will be in touch tomorrow with such serious matters as a requirement list etc.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love your swirly stencil pattern and the colours you worked in. The little Tuscan house is great and so clever. Home grown tomatoes - yum - they must be happy if they have flowers.

Spiral Dyed Downunder said...

I love that! Of course, if you stopped selling dyed flimsies I play in my studio too. Oh well, back to the shed. Your new colourway Madrid is in the works today. I'm not sooking, really......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...