Workshops

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

stitch and that



Here is a page from my sketchbook working from one of my stitched bits from the other day. I have printed onto fabric and stitched and popped it in. It is a great way to explore something and I am working away on other bits and pieces. But I have quite a few deadlines which I am having to give my attention to including the Art to Wear drawing closer and my progress has been limited.

Thanks to all who ask about my leg - I am reluctant to say it is getting better because every time I do it seems to feel worse. Sort of like permanent cramp with numb foot. But the swimming is great every morning. I had to wait for Ian to come back from his walk thismorning before I could go because the door lock fell out as I was trying to race out of the house and of course his mobile was not working properly and I expect he was nattering to Nick at the Pearl of Highgate whilst getting the bread......

My red shoes - absolutely nothing fancy - and not expensive at all - even though found in Double Bay. The brand is Effegie and they are very comfy indeed.

I shall post my pics of Mandurah tomorrow - while we were away someone must have smashed into the light over the road - the one which shines into our bedroom during the night - fancy being away and missing the excitement - it is all bent and buckled sitting on the verge. Maybe they won't bother to bring another one....



And finally today Cloth Paper Scissors turned up - only 3 weeks late. Are we impressed - hardly - more like speechless. Apparently it left and travelled 60 miles and went back and started again a few days later. You wouldn't believe we are the distributors, would you? Amazingly bad is all we can say. Because they arrived late today we will send them all out tomorrow so if you have been standing by your post boxes, just step aside. Enjoy the 2 new Aussie mags instead. They are both selling like hot cakes - it is good to have something downunder grown.

I am marinading my French Cutlets in a great spice mix for bbqing tonight and I have eggplant marinading in dry spices to bake in the oven with a spicey tomato relish to cover with raita. How does that sound?

If you are intersted in following Bruce's adventures in Japan - he is on a pilgrimage and working hard biking up and down steep mountains and visitng temples and sleeping in his tent etc, then do check out his blog on the right in my links. Sounds like quite an adventure. Of a lifetime.....

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Wish I were there to come and gatecrash the barbie--sounds pretty good to me.

Heather said...

Love your sketchbook sample. Someone dropped a stitch over the delivery of Cloth Paper Scissors - not very professional. Glad the new Aussie mags are going so well. Your bbq supper sounds delicious. Bruce will be superfit when his adventure is over - probably worn out too!!

Ev said...

I sub through Interweave both the CPS and QA and they are always late - CPS hasn't arrived with me yet either so maybe they had a printing glitch and are telling tall tales to you.

Good news about the light. Cutlets sound yummy.

On a different note are you organising any "hands on" workshops this year for the Craft Fair in Perth?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...