Workshops

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sat morning eye candy


I went into town yesterday afternoon - very hot and sticky - to collect the tickets for STING today to save standing in a long queue at Sandalford winineries - we are catching the train and taking our picnic basket and our books to while away the time while we wait for the concert to start. Should be great and we are looking forward to it. We are enjoying the cds he has produced over the past few years.

But when I collected the tickets I couldn't resist these little eye candy treat - the pink is a real magenta - shall I cover the nails with a collection of colours or use them in my textile work....

Yesterday we had a delievery of Shimmer Sheetz - acid free mylar I thought I would get in to have a play with and see how they go. They are on the website - about 12 different colours. THis is Pink Iris and i have whipped it through the Big Shot and embossed it as well.


It's interesting stuff especially when you want a bit of extra bling. this one I have stitched - i have 2 threads in the needle still there from something else and I couldn't resist a bit of flower stitcher stuff as well. You can sand it and then apply Pinata alchohol inks and I am sure a lot more - still to discover more.


But now I am off to make our picnic.....

2 comments:

Heather said...

Enjoy your concert and picnic - sounds great. Love the zingy colours in this post though I usually work with more subdued ones. Come to think of it, so do you! I like the flower stitchery on the new product.

Judy said...

Dale,

The try outs of mylar look yummy, hope you enjoyed the concert.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...