Workshops

Saturday, February 07, 2009

friday's work



Just in case you thought I had been doing nothing - on Friday I had a tea cosy to make and send off to a magazine for an article - finished in the nick of time but after I posted it off I discovered a sample on the floor - dear o dear. See, Val - I did finish it.....

It is made on the embellisher using sari ribbon and of course scrim and slushies etc for the flowers. A bit of brightness to cheer up any tea pot.

This is a close up below.


Last night we forgot to go to our ACO concert. Quelle horreur...... Can't even blame it on the heat as it was a lovely day. I expect the ladies who sit next to us would have been wondering where we were - well we were at Spaghi having a nice meal......

8 comments:

Leanne Hurren said...

Lovely colours - they really pop!! Can you tell us some more about how you created this?

Barb said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING Dale!!

Heloise said...

Stunning!

Ann Christy said...

Gorgeous - beautiful rich colours.
Pardon my ignorance but what are slushies?

Unknown said...

LOVE the colours Dale
Heather

Heather said...

Makes me want to stop being lazy and just bunging teabags into mugs. Your teacosy is so colourful and really lifts the spirits. I too would like to know what slushies are. Best wishes from another Heather.

Gay McDonell said...

What a refreshing sight! Love it!!

Robin Mac said...

Love the tea cosy - how could you possibly forget to go to an ACO concert!!! I would just love to be in the same city when they are playing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...