Workshops

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tuesday


I would like to share our new dining room with you - well the room hasn't changed but anyone who has been to our house will be amazed - a new table (we have especially gone for one with 4 chairs in a size which was a one-off) and a clear area. Not to mention room for a vase of flowers. For 10 years we have used this area as an office - we only ever entertain outdoors so if it is cold people know to wrap up and if it is hot we all just swelter. Only 2 times have we added another table to the clutterance so we can have room to sit and eat! The view is looking into what was my studio and is now our office - still a little of my stuff to be cleared but Ian is in heaven with a big desk to work at and space to move.



This view looks to our atrium which we can now get to without tripping over computer cords and stuff stacked on the floor. In 'real' businesses you will find spacious offices with lots of room for storage and filing etc - please appreciate how we have been labouring away - now we can be even more efficient......



This view looks to our back door and the garden and to my studio. Breakfast is a pleasure - only our food, coffee and the newspaper. On my walk this morning I got some lovely roses to adorn the table. I was so busy that it was 11.45am before I got away for my eary morning walk....

Many thanks for all the snow offers - they must have worked because the temperature dropped to around 28 and it has been a much nicer day - haven't needed the aircon and we have a breeze wafting in through all the open windows. The birds are also sounding very happy.

The houses - yes they are Hundertwasser houses - I just can't get away from him and I would like to think that they are insulated and airconditioned! The fibre on top of the felt is our Finnsheep wool - the same as I use in our Surface Tension kits. It is nice and coarse and the embellisher machines work it well. I like its texture. Will post some pics tomorrow - I have a wonderful fuchsia colour which I like to use with yellows, oranges and reddy colours.

The next plan is to liberate our bedroom so that it becomes just that - a bedroom - so watch this space....

ps I meant to add that the missing chair is in my studio - I still need it!

4 comments:

Danilo said...

HI IM DANILO FROM THE PHILIPPINES. YOUR BLOG IS VERY INTERESTING IT REALLY CAPTURES MY ATTENTION. MAKES ME WANNA READ IT, I LOVE IT KEEP IT UP....


YOU CAN ALSO VISIT MY BLOG AT: www.danilomalaga.blogspot.com

SEE YOU LATER....

Helen said...

Your dining are looks great!

Stitchety Grub said...

I did wonder where the other chair was LOL! I have been a reader of your blog for a couple of months now and I love to catch up on what you are up to ... no doubt I will see you sometime in the near future...

Susan said...

I love your dining set. We had one similar in teak, and the ends pulled out to make the table a rectangle if we wanted more space. I'll miss that table when we have a stick built house again! We had it for 20 years and I think it cost me $110, with 4 chairs. =) Won't find that again, either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...