Workshops

Sunday, August 08, 2010

velvet embossing

a lot of people have been asking about the embossing on velvet so I thought I would play with another stamp - this is one of the My Stamps which we sell - they are currently 25% off. They are fabulous for embossing on velvet - I just want to clear this stock so I can order in a new range. What I have done here is to use the little frangipani stamp and first I have embossed on the velvet with no paint - this would wash out and will also iron out but if you are not planning to wash then it isn't a problem. But it does give a slight dimension to your piece of velvet. Over the top I have embossed quite a few frangipani prints using Lumiere Pearl White on a piece of Kimberley Dreaming hand dyed viscose velvet. Not quite decided how I will use it yet but of course machine or hand stitching will add an extra dimension. Incidentally, simply stamping or printing directly onto the velvet will not give you as good an image because invariably your image will sink into the velvet pile. Looking at my sample I think it could make the most glorious little bag - mmmm....

3 comments:

Heather said...

It would make a gorgeous little bag Dale, and then you could do a much longer piece and make a scarf or wrap to match!

Judy said...

Dale,

Love your piece of velvet and I can just imagine it as a lovely little evening bag.

Gill G said...

It's been a while since commenting on your blog Dale! However, we have just sold our house to travel Tasmania and New Zealand over the next year or so - any places of interest to visit will be gratefully received from anyone!!May even get to see an AB game in home town!! By the way, wonderful pice of velvet - all my sewing is now in boxes and have taken up crewel and cross stitch. Gill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...