Friday, January 30, 2015

Workshop 2 in Adelaide

My second workshop was titled Fabrik-Fun and it was the first time I have taught this as a stand alone so I was a little anxious and it was also a big class in a not quite so perfect classroom. But they were wonderful and told me they enjoyed it all.

We did some dry felt my style before stitching - it is all supposed to be relaxing.

Some lovely velvet being stitched in. You can't go past beautiful hand dyed silk/rayon velvet.

Some great weaving coming up - have I ever said I love weaving and stitching ?

Another delightful piece

This one is so ethereal - love it

Another work underway

And the leaves around the school were such glorious colours

Catherine had a great time here - weaving and making sari ribbon flowers

Then we got to some other sorts of weaving

Lovely layers and embossed velvet and stitch

Weaving more

And more stitch

And more weaving

And some more weaving - wonderful colours

Wonderful colour move

Annette was working away on her tiny corner creating some great stuff


And starting to to stitch and place

And Julia had fun with my special velvet and prefelt technique

Some weaving


More weaving - these people used colour and texture so well


Colour just lovely

And my little effort - embossing on velvet ribbon and weaving and stitching - still to finish

As you can see, there was loads of lovely work produced and I hope they keep on with them. I am still unpacking my suitcase with my samples and supplies!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wonderful week in Adelaide

I had a wonderful time teaching in Adelaide at the Embroiderers Guild Summer School - two big and fabulous classes and I must thank them all for their enthusiasm and talent and hard work.

The first two days were my Text-tile - paper - cloth - text and images although I think we failed with a bit of the text - just difficult to get through everything in the time.

We played with napkins - tissutex - newspaper (my new discovery which I plan a lot more of)

Annette worked diligently away in her tiny corner and produced so many fabulous pieces

Start of some newspaper play

Some ethereal stuff happening

Some simple image transfer - I had a few but went for one

This is mine - actually was a disaster but I love what I have done and as soon as I have time I have plenty to try

Fabulous use of skeleton leaves and stencils

And this one too

Some lovely layers

I loved how this grew too

Catherine's was great - you just need to turn your head on an angle

A paper napkin in action

Annette working more wonders but you need to turn your head again

And lived this

Ands another which I loved

Using stencils on silk paper

Some layers again - turn your head again

And Karen had fun

Another wonderful layering

Loved this one

And how this turned out too from simple stitch - we played with loads of different stuff - wonderful class - these sorts of happenings make me think heaps on the hop and are so stimulating

Tomorrow I will show work from my second workshop

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday stuff

At last my water lilies are flowering - very late this year and of course I am off to Adelaide tomorrow for a week and there are another 4 buds down there in the water. I do love them - Ian's job is the chat to them as encouragement.

I have filled my bag with workshop stuff and have still managed a little stitching and tiny knitting - this is for the second workshop

Taking one of my favourite books with me to read and absorb - there are plenty of stitch books out there but this one I still consider the best

Going to have to leave Ian in charge of the Weber Q though

I am really looking forward to me trip and my two workshops


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...