Workshops

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

the first freesia

The first freesia is out - there are lots waiting and lots of nasturtium leaves but this flower won the competition. The scent I cannot share but this is a special time of the year along with autumn (we don't have that here and really once spring does start it usually skips straight into the stuff I don't like).

I have received a heap of samples of lovely Indian silk yarn and I am having to make the big decision of which ones to order. Always exciting. I also have to finalise the numbers for the new magazine Cloth Paper Scissors Gifts. If you fancy a copy then you need to email  us pretty fast. The sales person from Interweave tells me it is going to be fantastic and very popular but then she would. wouldn't she? She is a sales person after all....


I did spray my large sheet of Tissutex last night but that was as far as I got. I used 3 colours and it has a lovely sheen. I hope to get to make my flower book for holding the flowers, tomorrow.

Ian has loaded all the Textile Tantrums onto the web so do go visit them - they have their own gallery. He will be adding the artitst names and titles tomorrow.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your freesias look so beautiful - they have an amazing scent don't they? I love the colours you have sprayed onto the Tissutex. Not long ago I stopped my sub to CPS, now I wonder if I did the wrong thing.

Heather said...

I've just been looking at the Textile Tantrums Gallery - what an fantastic display, and so much variety. Ian's choice is my favourite too and I also like the second piece on page 3 and the last one on page 4. Thanks for showing them all.

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

I adore Fressias and I can almost smell them, ours aren't around yet they come a bit later should be good this year as we have had lots of lovely rain, more than our usual Augst average. Love colours on the Tissutex.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...