Workshops

Friday, March 17, 2006

friday musings

This is a NZ ponga which is such a wonderful shape and reminds me of my homeland. Especially the real green in the background. I love the way the head of the ponga opens out. Nature is very complex and intricate when you think about it.

Really I am procrastinating as I am working away on the newsletter which fortunately has finally almost reached the end. I think I always have too much to say - I should write them more often before my notebook gets so full with new things to tell people.

I am also thinking about what I am going to do in the hands-on workshops for Darling Harbour. I have called the workshop - Three Tiny Tempting Treasures and I expect I am crazy to think people will have time to make three fun things in an hour including packup and set up (and hope the power point works this year). I want to make them different each day as well - that way I won't get bored and I have a chance to let people try all sorts of different things. Of course I am mad as 5 x 3 is 15 so maybe I will rethink this one. Any suggestions from you wonderful readers who are thinking of attending would be welcome.... I am not giving a talk this year - the organisers want to charge me for giving a free talk when I am already paying heaps just to be there....

No more work on the studio but I expect the painters will be back on Monday - the floor is looking great as it dries and gets lighter and you can see all the stones. We are off to Ikea first thing on Monday morning (hopefully beat the crowds) to get the sink and cupboards for the wet area.

Tonight we are going to watch the Force play the Waratahs and I hope they get lots of support - I fear they won't win. On the other hand my beloved Hurricanes are playing in South Africa over night. I shall report tomorrow. Goodness knows which team Ian is supporting this week.....

4 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I love that ponga. I have taken photos of something similar here in Wales. The head of the fern just as it's opening. I must try to find one and post it.

Grangry said...

Terrific blog, found you via Chloe's place, thanks Linda for the link, you have joined my list on bloglines!

Helen said...

Eh?? shouldn't they be paying you to give talks anyway...not charging you! :P

Downunderdale said...

Yes it's amazing isn't it to charge - there are usually well over 100 people at each free talk with notebooks at the ready and it is a lot of work for me to cart everything, fight through the crowds and natter away....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...