Workshops

Thursday, March 23, 2006

aussie scroll



I have just made a little book scroll for the Workshop on the Web auction. A bit of digitizing (letters seem to be what I can do easily) in a font called Redemption which I like, a background using a new yarn I found (Checkmate) on the top and the back is a verse from My country by Dorothy Mackellar - the verse which starts 'I love a sunburnt country' - which always seems to describe Australia well.

Most people don't realise that when they go to our website, if they click on the smiley face on the left under March Promotion and before Catalogue, Ian has an Aussie treat in store. The one at the moment is a real Aussie icon but he is planning to change to a new one very soon.

The paving man came today to give us a quote and he will be back to start in three weeks so all going well, we should be able to move into the studio after that. Just those pesty small jobs to finish first.

3 comments:

Penny said...

This looks great Dale, what fun and I love that verse too. Penny

Sue Krekorian said...

Stunning work, Dale. How many hours did it take you to make it?

Downunderdale said...

Just one day in between many other tasks, Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...