Workshops

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

new threads and some stitching

I selected 5 of the new Spagetti threads - they look rather Persian - lovely to stitch with. I stitched rows and rows on Kunin felt with foils bonded to the surface (for my Gilding the Lily workshop people). The Spagetti thread is not on the web yet but it is a 12wt 3ply beautiful cotton - there are 20 colours in the range and it stitches like a dream. I use a Top Stitch size 100 needle. I also had a quick sew on the embroidery unit of my Husq SE and it slipped through like a dream. And Erica - I shall try some hand stitching next but not until I have finished de constructing the stitchy piece.


Come tomorrow and see what I have done with the fabric next, It is requiring some concentration.

Next I have a question to those who use the Walnut Hollow Tools currently not available in Australia. There is a Creative Textile Tool and a Versa Tool. If you have one I would love to know what you think of it or either or both, remembering that I am mostly working with fabric.

Off to dinner with Luigi and Martine. Haven't seen them for ages.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Yummo threads Dale -have to get me some of those.

Heather said...

Those threads sound great and I love the colours. Hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Linda said...

Threads look great Dale, must include some with next order. I'll be interested to see how this progresses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...