Workshops

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Tour de France

We love this time of the year when Le Tour de France is on - we get to admire the beautiful countryside in France. Back in 1992 when I had long service leave, we spent a lot of the time meandering around various parts of France staying in Gites and exploring the countryside. We spent a week in Bretagne and visited Dinan shown here. Watching the Tour last night was a real treat and they were cycling their way through wonderful countryside - we stayed not that far from St Malo. Loved it all.

Shelagh and I working our little challenge on our creativebrainedges blog, have been amused that so many people have suddenly started up blogs with drawing and the like. As you will see, I am a lousy drawer who must only improve with practise which was half the point of our challenge to each other. The other half is when we do other things which we will be. I think Shelagh has given me a new freedom for Sunday but I need to get through Friday first.

Ian is still loading the beautiful new buttons today - someone came and bought about 12 so that has made his life a little easier! However when I looked on the website there were fewer today than there were yesterday.....

Tonight we are off to a Musica Viva concert - should be good

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love watching le Tour de France as well in fact Stephen is sitting up in bed watching it right now.

Heather said...

France is a beautiful country - love that bridge in your photo. I'm not surprised the buttons are going fast - they are gorgeous. Good luck with your drawing - I'm no good at it and too much of a wimp to take up a challenge.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just happened upon your very interesting blog and enjoyed seeing your projects and textile work/play. So many ideas!
best, nadia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...