Workshops

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pick-a-pocket challenge

The Pick-a-pocket exhibition looked great at AQC and I am pleased to be able to say that there were 2 lights so we didn't need our miners lights. If you came you will know that there were no names beneath or beside each entry - 3 things went missing between Perth and Melbourne - the bag of rubber bands, the lime green card and the folder with the info sheets on them. Never mind -  it meant when Jacinta and Ian went to do their judging, they had no influence from names. Because they are on the palette with the rest of the stuff we won't have them until next week but they will be on the web not too long after that. In the meantime these are piccies I took with my i-phone.

The winner was Eileen Campbell - there is a lovely little gem inside as well.
Highly recommended was Madeleine Kennedy


The other highly recommended is Jessica King (this photo is not good - the light here was quite dull)



and this is Ian's Choice - Julie Whitechurch.
Congratulations everyone. They will be on display at TAF in Brisbane - with full details attached to each entry....

In the mail today I received a copy of NZ Threads - NZ Embroidery magazine - thanks Felicity for the lovely article you wrote about me and my stuff - and you even got a nice photo - a miracle. Also a lovely section on the Textile Tantrums.  I really enjoyed my visit to Hamilton last year  catching up with so many friends and customers and meeting new folk.

4 comments:

Sheeprustler said...

I loved look at all of them on Sunday :)

Heather said...

Lovely pockets and such variety. It must have been hard to pick a winner.

Robin Mac said...

The pockets look really good - I am lookingforward to seeing them in Brisbane - only a few weeks away now! Cheers.

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

Love the Pick-a-Pocket winner in love them all wished I'd been able see them display; in fact I could kick myself for not having a go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...