Workshops

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

this 'n that



This on-line embellisher course is keeping me on my toes. Today I was supposed to tidy the studio but it will have to be tomorrow. Have been admiring all the Flimsies which I have been rolling and various other things all of which needed to be done.

I had a bit of fun yesterday when I was finishing off lesson 4 - they have to knit which has caused a bit of chaos but I have been doing it for a long time and it seems that knitting works in so well with the embellisher - you can texture it and distress it (won't tell you how - that would give it away) but I decided to use up a few of my scraps while clearing the area on which to work and I whipped up this little fun piece. You could use this sort of idea for cards - very quick and easy. Much faster than a sewing machine.


I found this one on my stash as well - a Qantas Club hand towel - I have a little pile - you can't really embellish directly onto it but fibrous things on top work very well - there's scrim and wool fibres and silk pods on this one.

I have also been experimenting with the Angelina fusible film - trapping metallic flakes inside - - I will show some tomorrow if it photographs well.

And I don't usually blow my own trumpet but Judy from Ontario said this about me and it really tickled my fancy. She is one of the happy campers enrolled in the class.
I am sure enjoying all the great work that is showing up everyday. It is hard to keep up with it all.
There is sure lots of scope for experimentation and extension. Of course that is what Dale is noted for in all her courses. She just opens the lid and everything jumps out into your brain.
Thanks Judy....

Otherwise we are just tonking along....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...