Workshops

Thursday, May 12, 2011

evoloning



I am having lots of fun nipping up to the studio and playing with the Evolon - just a bit at a time. I have been painting it different paints and sprays and stamping with Stazon and stitching and burning and tonight I played with the Transprint Inks - I haven't used my transfer paints for some time and they are so easy to use - no wonder we sell so many. Just paint on paper, dry and iron onto your fabric. Evolon is polyester and rather seems to like transfer dyes. But it also takes all sorts of colouring media. I shall be playing away with Evolon (and lots of other stuff) as a working textile artist at Textile Art Festival in Brisbane.

It carves up so quickly with Versa Tool too. Someone asked how it differed from Lutradur - It is more like a fabric then Lutradur and drapes well. I will be playing with both so if you come to the show you will be able to see the difference. It takes longer to break down with a heat gun  so you don;t get the lacey effects you get with Lutradur. I still have a list as long as my arm of things I want to try on it. Tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love your Evolon samples Dale. I still haven't got round to trying mine yet but like the idea of transfer paints and Stazon on it. Thankyou for those tips. I wish Brisbane was just down the road!!

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

You have been having fun in your studio, like the look of the Evelon.

Robin Mac said...

Not long to go now and we will be able to watch you in action. Bring it on! cheers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...