Workshops

Sunday, June 19, 2011

end of the weekend


A productive weekend not that I feel I have done a great deal but I tied up a few loose ends and got myself back on track with 2 articles finished and a new holey moley up on air so while I still have a lot to do this week we have been able to have 2 sleep ins and enjoy pottering. Bit of rain, back garden needs a good clean but we went for a walk and checked out Grant's house at the back of his other house where Bruce and Kazuko are - it is finally underway again with a stairway to nowhere at present. And I even cooked dinner twice in a row.

Above are the Inktense Blocks which arrived this week - you never want to tell people about a fabulous new product when they can't buy it from you! I love crayons much more than pencils and these are fat blocks which are just too yummy for words.


Here they are rubbed onto Evolon - look like nothing exciting - I have rubbed them on their side


and then I applied some water with a brush and wow! To finish off this little exercise I blotted the blocks across the wet surface. Off to stitch next. Once they are dry they are permanent. I am surely in love with these. You could, of course, use your pencils over this for detail if you wished and maybe I will. And then what will I do with the Evolon I wonder?


The morning we went to Brisbane I printed on some TAP with some writing I had done on paper and scanned into the 'puter and I printed my favourite words for the moment with Stazon. At the show when I was demoing I ironed the TAP to Evolon and some people may recall that it wouldn't peel off. I just picked away later when no one was there and this is my surface - I have done a little stitching around the big words. Let's wait and see what happens next.  Quite a few ideas to play and develop this week for sure in between my other tasks.

We have had a frustrating day though - I LOST my holey moley folder in Outlook and a whole day has been spent on computer things which should have reproduced the back-up but did not in the end but we live in hope that tomorrow the problem may be solved. I have also LOST the entire Ian folder but this is not quite so drastic. I may have to email a holey moley to send me a copy of the emails I send out so I can start again - just as well I have the full group list safely somewhere else....


We also had a busy weekend watching the last of the rugby games before the finals - 5 games-  we enjoyed most of them especially the Hurricanes vs Crusaders and even though the 'Canes didn't win it was a pretty good game - here are Ma'a Nonu and Andrew Hore who the coach decided to ceremoniously dump this week. Bad stuff and serious consideration about who I might support next year. I wish them both well and while what I might say means nothing, sometimes when things like this happen you end up much better off in the long run. That is my experience anyway.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those crayons look fabulous - such lovely colours. I like what you are doing with Evolon - I have yet to try mine out though I did get as far as colouring some before being sidetracked by life! Hope you get your holey moley folder sorted. That must be so frustrating.

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

I love those Inktense blocks, like you I love crayons. Are they new I haven't seen them before? And I won't ask to buy them but look forward to seeing more of what you create with them. Sound like you will be picking a new rugby team next time round, maybe it is time for a change, something new often gives us a new horizon.

Bear said...

Hey Dale
I can tell one and all that these crayons are the bestest little sticks of fun I have played with for a while - and I enjoy them even more that I got the grippers to hold onto the inktense sticks with I am even more happier. Like u said they looks so innocuous when dry but hit them with H2o and they come alive!! I love them!!!
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...