Workshops

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Now we have nearly got to Thuursday

Well it has been an exceptionally busy week so far as one can imagine. I don't expect to have everything back in place until Monday but at least the Quilting Arts have all been posted and most of the orders. We should be back on top with these tomorrow as I am now putting things back in their homes and finding stuff. I have written the newsletter which Ian will make readable tomorrow and them we can send it out - I know you will all forgive us this month. And for the Holey Moleys I will be posting tomorrow as well. Even though it is past the 5th...




Maggie has finished her 2 workshops and when I popped in and out I am pretty sure they all enjoyed themselves - they said they did and the work was wonderful. I have a few pics below but I don't know who they belong to - they certainly worked hard. Maggie will sleep well tonight. Don't the Starburst Sprays look great on the copper shim....



.













Last night lots of us went out to dinner after a drink and nibble at Grant's house. I can quarantee that it is nice and tidy there...... Doreen took lots of pics so I shall wait for her to send them to me. It was really super to catch up with Maggie and Clive and Doreen and Jo (Aussie Jo) and the weather stayed pretty good right through.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

It would have been a super class to take.

Gill G said...

Dale - thank you so much for organising the WONDERFUL workshop with Maggie - it was a great day and feel very proud of my piece which I can't wait to finish off. It is really nice to have these textile embroiderers coming over to visit and hope you will keep us informed of any more coming over. Am sure you are all looking forward to bit of a break. Go the Wallabies - we have a quiz night to go to but am sure we will be leaving by 10.30!!!
Thanks again - everyones work was great.
Gill

Heather said...

Those copper shim samples really have the Wow factor - they are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your evening with Maggie, Clive, Doreen and Aussie Jo and I'm sure Maggie will have lots to show us on her blog when she gets home.

Judy said...

Hi! Dale,

Lovely work from Maggie's workshops, you are so lucky to have her ovwer there.

Ev said...

Looks like the second group were a bit quicker than us and got some finished - I have mine sitting waiting for me to finish of the paint and then put together. It was a very enjoyable day and Maggie is such a beautiful soul, very generous with her time and knowledge. Thank you Dale for organising this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...