Workshops

Monday, February 26, 2007

Taste a Stitch Tuesday 8


This is my TAST using Fly stitch and the new Indian Splendour - told you it was nice and yummy! I made excellent use of my time at the quilt convention - towards the end of day 1, I whipped around to the Babylock stand and worked the wool fibre onto scrim, then at night I cut it out and positioned it all onto the matching hand dyed wool felt which Jacinta brought to the show for me, and on day 2 near the end I embellished (appliqued?) it all together. Night 2 and 3 whilst watching the rugby I stitched fly stitch over the surface over chiffon which I had also embellished, and on the plane on the way home I turned it into a little purse.

And by the by, once the lightening and thunder stopped this morning, the humidity popped out again. Feel sorry for us please. The multipos machine died in transit or more likely was hit by lightening after Ian connected it up after we got home and we can't process any orders until tomorrow - they are coming before 9am to give us a new one - but we are going somewhere nice to eat tonight instead and I have only unpacked 2 suitcases..... and something black worked its way into all the underwear in the wash so it is all back in napisan.

8 comments:

Grangry said...

Those colours are fabulous!

lisette said...

hi dale - i bought some indian splendour on saturday (and had a great chat to ian!) and it's the most beautiful stuff to work with - just luscious :)
cheers
felicity

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

What brand is the Indian Splendor thread? What fiber content? Price? I am intrigued by the colors of this thread and would like to see all of the colors that you have it available in. Thanks!

Barbara said...

an embellisher...my dream...
You make so beautiful things!
Grates Barbara

Micki said...

Your purse is lovely. The thread/yarn is really beautiful.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Lovelyyyyyyyyyyy, Dale!

Veleta (Sammy) said...

This is a outstanding item... I love the colors! so very rich... You do get me to think colors more in my daily life!

Digitalgran said...

Your purse is wonderful and to do it at such a time. You deserve a medal. i'm having time to read all my favourite blogs as i'm up waiting for news on the baby. Hope it is delivered soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...