Workshops

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Royal Shiraz threads


Jacinta has sent me the first of the Royal Shiraz silk threads and I aso had some silk pods arrive today which match perfectly. I think this is going to be my favourite of the new Opulent threads. The machine threads are on the high seas and should be here in about 2-3 weeks. So Judy and Shirley, your threads will be with you soon. You have probably both forgotten! For me, this collection is going to be the most exciting of the four we have created and I have all sorts of ideas for it. My first piece of work will be with Royal Shiraz - I have wanted this combination for ages and especially since our visit to Shanghai and the tunnel under the river.

Still furiously (or not furiously) packing stuff for Melbourne but I tend to muck around when I have to pack workshop stuff - take far too much as I always have so much to tell - I think that really I would prefer to run workshops here then I could just pull out what I want when I need it..... Plus when I am putting my stuff together I come up with all of these new ideas which is nt what I am supposed to be doing.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone - Ian bought me red roses this morning.......

The first section of the book has gone to the printers for the dummy run to see if we are on the right track so the light at the end of the tunnel whilst still wavering, is getting stronger. Hang in there everyone......

5 comments:

Judy Scott said...

beautiful colours, have fun on your trip ~ hope its a success, Jude x

Doreen G said...

They are the best colours Dale I must have some.I will put in an order when you return from Melb. if you have any left that is.

Karoda said...

These threads are wonderful!!!! Tell me how to get my own PLEASE!

Unknown said...

What luscious colours, look forward to seeing what you make with them

Digitalgran said...

Those are beautiful colours Dale. Hope you have a good trip.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...