Workshops

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Taste a Stitch Tuesday 5 and the rugby



My effort this week is not that marvellous - Chevron Stitch - a stitch I haven't used before so I have just tested it as a couching stitch over some lovely thick wool roving. Something to explore further.

I have used Cretin Stitch in the piece below though - this is a segment of the second work I need for the teacher exhibition at the Quilt Convention - it is making progress and I should have it finished tomorrow. I rather like this stitch - a good one to add to my repertoire



We watched 2 Super 14 games today - the Brumbies beat the Chiefs and sadly the Reds beat my beloved Hurricanes. Bruce and I knew it would be on the cards as the 'Canes have lost 6 players resting for the All Blacks including all of the front row. We hope that this loss will be worth it if NZ wins the World Cup....... I am also wondering if Captain Hurricane has found his Hurriplane.......

And I should have added that the Force lost last night - all that money and all that hype - not a good start.....

3 comments:

ACey said...

love the TAST samples

Digitalgran said...

I disagree with you Dale because I think these samples are stunning.

Anonymous said...

Your samples are wonderful, and I think the one done with the roving has so much potential -- it's a great jumping off point for a piece of work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...