Workshops

Monday, February 05, 2007

Replenishing the Soul


I have finished my second exhibition piece for the Melbourne Quilt Convention -it's called Replenishing the Soul and I have pretty well only used the embellisher. I managed to find some silver ferns - I do feel NZ should change its flag - I can never remember who has which stars and surely it is time to leave the Union Jack behind? After all, NZ and OZ are not in the EU.....
Below is a detail and the colour is truer. The three trees are Nikau Palms, native to NZ and found on Waiheke Island. I have almost finished a new vessel using some of the leftovers and started on a Frangpani vessel - not sure how the shape will go though.

11 comments:

Dianne said...

This looks fantastic!! The texture on it looks really interesting.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Love this Dale & enjoyed seeing your other piece, with the houses, in the flesh last week. It is great to see some really resolved embellisher work.

Unknown said...

I love this Dale, the colours and texture are wonderful

Sarah said...

Wow! Dale this is fantastic!

Micki said...

This is a fantastic piece. Love all of the texture. What size is it?

Unknown said...

what a lovely piece - I prefer the top photo colour!!

Penny said...

Very interesting Dale, love the greeny colour of the bottom one.

Shirley Goodwin said...

It's Waiatngi Day here today, so we've seen a lot (on TV) of the Maori sovereignty flag which is a lovely striking red black and white design. Personally I think it's much more attractive than our official flag which I can't tell apart from yours.

Sue Krekorian said...

Beyootiful - really superb. Wish I could meet it in the "flesh".

Leanne said...

Personally, and only for a short while I hope, I don't like Nikaus. Dear neighbour has planted 4 directly in front of our view looking west to the Waitakeres...not the Nikau's fault I know.
The flag...I like our flag 'cause I like the old...if we could incorporate it somehow into the new would be good. The Maori flag would create sovreignty issues as it has done already by not being allowed on the bridge...'sall to hard really.
P.S. I love you Nikau's...they're beautiful.

gunnelsvensson said...

This is wonderful! I really like the texture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...