Saturday, February 10, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday 6


The big picture - I suppose you could call it applique with a layer. I managed to complete it in the breaks at the rugby..... and by the way, the Blues and the Crusaders won so a good day at the Super 14 for the kiwis.


I have created another background in Arabian Nights and cut triangle shapes and embellished them and added a chiffon scarf which I have zapped. Using a fine silk thread I have hand stitched Algerian Eye stitch over the top - this is only a small segment but it was a good way to add layers. When I have finished stitching it all over I will add the pic so you can see the whole piece.

However - off to the rugby.....

8 comments:

kay susan said...

Gorgeous. I like way you used those fine eyelet stitches on the top.

Doreen G said...

Looks good Dale and I love the colours

sammy said...

This is so awesome! I love the way you used this weeks TAST in it... a very clever and creative idea... your are a master at this felting...

You keep inspiring me everyday to do more of my own felting...

thanks so much for that!

Sheila said...

I love it. Is the fine stitching by hand or machine? The texture is deceiving on the computer. Great colors.

Gunnels blog said...

Hi, thank for your nice comment on my blog! I like your blogs, and your work much! I will be back take a good look, when I have more time :-)

neki desu said...

great! lovely colors and stitching to keep you warm after the snowfall :)

neki desu

Helen in the UK said...

Love the colours in this :)

Emmy said...

so very lovely

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...