Workshops

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Take a Stitch Tuesday 6


The big picture - I suppose you could call it applique with a layer. I managed to complete it in the breaks at the rugby..... and by the way, the Blues and the Crusaders won so a good day at the Super 14 for the kiwis.


I have created another background in Arabian Nights and cut triangle shapes and embellished them and added a chiffon scarf which I have zapped. Using a fine silk thread I have hand stitched Algerian Eye stitch over the top - this is only a small segment but it was a good way to add layers. When I have finished stitching it all over I will add the pic so you can see the whole piece.

However - off to the rugby.....

8 comments:

Grangry said...

Gorgeous. I like way you used those fine eyelet stitches on the top.

Doreen G said...

Looks good Dale and I love the colours

Veleta (Sammy) said...

This is so awesome! I love the way you used this weeks TAST in it... a very clever and creative idea... your are a master at this felting...

You keep inspiring me everyday to do more of my own felting...

thanks so much for that!

Sheila said...

I love it. Is the fine stitching by hand or machine? The texture is deceiving on the computer. Great colors.

gunnelsvensson said...

Hi, thank for your nice comment on my blog! I like your blogs, and your work much! I will be back take a good look, when I have more time :-)

neki desu said...

great! lovely colors and stitching to keep you warm after the snowfall :)

neki desu

Helen in the UK said...

Love the colours in this :)

Emmy said...

so very lovely

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...