Workshops

Sunday, October 19, 2014

New York City Day Four

Did much better today - we caught the subway to 42nd Street - boy it is hot down underground - and did the obligatory wander around Times Square - full of touts and people


Photographed this wall - certainly lots of visuals everywhere




Took several photos at the Hard Rock Cafe but the image kept changing so I went for Kiss



We spent two and half hours on the Circle Line around Manhattan Island which was superb - the commentator guy was terrific and it put lots of things into place - I only took one photo and here she is - I wonder if her arm is tired like my feet



Afterwards Ian went to see the space shuttle and I walked a long way and took a pic of the Chrysler building because I think it is the best building here - must look for some close ups of it

I visited M and J Trimmings and bought a braid but actually didn't get excited at all - I just needed a plastic bag to put my money in
Went to a few shops in the garment and fabric area but only spent my money at City Quilter buying some of their NY fabrics - not at all sure what I will do with them though.


One bonus was the exhibition of Velda Newman work there - only a few - this one - Zinnia - really jumped out at me - such strong colours and all hand stitched.



I took one close up but no detail - I loved her circles and circle stitching because as you will know I love creating circles myself. It is for sale at $70,000 but a lot of work.

Then I found a tea shop and had a ginger peach tea whilst waiting for Ian. We were on 26th Street and decided to walk back to 9th street - easy does it. Came across a Michaels on the way and dragged Ian in but wasnt overly impressed - then I saw a dick blicks but Ian refused and on we wandered.

No wonder we slept well but woke up early as to follow the All Black vs Wallaby game - think it would have been great to watch - that try in the last two seconds - wow! Houdini stuff.

2 comments:

Heather said...

More great pics - I love that zinnia design and the beautiful stitching. My legs and feet are tired just reading how far you have walked.

Ali Honey said...

Wow , Love the zinnias. The rugby was exhausting just to watch ...they must ALL have been knackered.

I've not been to NY, so loving the photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...