Sunday, May 03, 2009
Busy weekend - the weather is definitely not autumnal - in fact it is rather humid and noone can see a sign of rain. We have a garden stuff collection this week coming so we have taken the opportunity to chop down tops of some of the eucalyptuses (the low ones) and clean out some of the area for the new garden beside the studio where we are hoping to plant ferns and stuff. We have an atrium just outside the dining area where I planted jasmine when we first bought this house and I have been wanting to clear it out for ages. First I pulled all the growth off the wall and the roots out of the stony ground and piled it up.
This is the corner looking into Ian's desk - sometimes the jasmin has grown in the window to see him. not any longer though - before too long he will be able to look out at a brick paved ground area (after he has laid them) and a climbing rose and a table and chairs with roses I have decided.
This is looking back into the kitchen and the window now opens but it needs sanding and oiling. The atrium is about 2 metres by 2 metres open to the sky and it will be another lovely place for us to sit - maybe for our morning tea....
This is the door back into the dining area. At the moment there are stones on the ground which we are slowly removing. Watch this space but like all spaces and us, it will take time.
7 kookaburras sat on one of our tree branches this afternoon but by the time we got the camera only 1 was left - they often come to our garden and sit in the trees - in fact we have lots of birds - we have a bird bath and water in the water lilies which they love and we have a resident family of pidgeons.
These are the finished covers for my book - I am very pleased with the way the image printed onto TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) ended up. Now I have to decide which will be the front and which the back. Inside I am attaching some of my different samples. I just have to bind it all in some way - maybe cords and stuff.