Workshops

Sunday, January 31, 2016

1 month down


 Just in the nick of time I got my last 2 summer stitchings finished - I didn't think I would get that far so I am quite impressed with myself. They don't look much but you cup fabric and weave it and stitch it all - that takes time.



The last one I used all my thread scraps and tiny fabric scraps and made a heart - it got a bit swamped and messy but it proved my point to use up all the bits. Anyway now I can get ready for February's personal challenge which is going to be rather different indeed and quite experimental as I work out what I am doing as I go along. I have an idea in my head but nothing else.




We are working on our waterlily garden - well Ian is digging out and levelling up - we bought this glorious pot -     after spending ages at one place the past two weekends we moved to another nursery and decided we liked the stone better


and we got two smaller ones to match - moved the native iris to several other spots and we will see it is survives - it has wonderful flowers - the waterlily on the right back has flowered in anticipation. It will be lovely once it is all done.


I am working on a bowl - here it is drying upside down - waiting to see if it worked and then I will remove it from the mould.

Harley sitting in her box which is about half her size and full of a lovely hand dyed piece of wool and a big bag of sequins I have discovered. You never know.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glorious colours in your stitched piece and I love the pot. Your garden will look beautiful when all is in place and the plants are doing their stuff. I thought Harley was helping with the gardening for a moment but maybe she is taking up textiles.

Robin Mac said...

Does Harley think the wool needs compressing perhaps?
Love the colours on your stitching pieces. Cheers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...