Workshops

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Studios

Studios magazine has just arrived at 5pm so there's tomorrow morning's job all organised. I think they are pretty-well all presold somehow. This is my studio page - and when I find the camera I will take the same shot tomorrow - I think the pristine part has gone. I had no idea what photos went as Bruce took 100s and then he and Ian sat at the computer and laughed at all the ones of me. I am pleased not to smiling since I always muff it but this is more like what I do , head down, probably bum up, busy at work. And I am thrilled that the outside of the studio made it in - gives it a special Aussie flavour as there isn't anyone else included from down under.
My working table is fabulous - it's one of those kitchen thingies with a marble top - very suitable for heat guns etc and paint etc and I just pop an old towel over it and iron on it as well. Al l my tools and stuff fit nicely in the drawers and cupboards which open both sides. It was a good buy.




ps afterthought - I found the camera and took a picture of right now similar spot - not as untidy as I thought but definitely work happening on my big table



ps yes I am very lucky indeed to have such a wonderful studio - it makes our outdoor living area just that much more wonderful and the whole area is a super place to relax in after a hard Thread Studio day.
Aussie-Jo - the floor is indeed polished concrete which I love - easy to clean, warm in winter and cool in summer and I never stay still in one place long enough to know if it is hard on my feet

8 comments:

Unknown said...

At last! A real studio with fabrics overflowing :)

Looks great :)

Aussie Jo said...

Definitely looks a creative studio with lots going on. I love the roly bench. Is the floor polished concrete? Do you find it hard standing on for long periods??

artisbliss said...

I envy you all your delicious SPACE! My studio is about 8 feet square! It's very interesting to see another person's studio.

Frances said...

Dale a nice studio the kitchen work table is a good idea, Frances

Guzzisue said...

great studio, wish I had room to move in my work room, problem is that I'm just not a tidy person at home.! ( for some reason I am tidy and organised at work)

Shirley Goodwin said...

Aaaaargh! I'm jealous!

Penny said...

I agree with all the above, I now have two workrooms but they are always in a muddle and never enough storage space. Like the idea of the kitchen thingy, could do with one in my kitchen as well.

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love my studio space but yours looks wonderful with all that lovely space and light.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...