Workshops

Sunday, March 09, 2008

HH and pintucks

Some of my playing around with pintucks. Before I could start I had to find my twin needle and my pintuck feet. Not easy - I don't think I have used this foot on my SE and had to fossick around in my other Husq box of tricks. Then I did some testing - I want to work as much as I can on aged calico with red/red/black threads. I found 3 different threads to use. I had to change the top tension which meant looking up the manual which made no mention of pintuck feet but of course there is an information bulletin on the machine. I found I needed to crank it up to 9 to get a nice ridge. Testing and sampling is something we should all do (she says who rarely does)


Then I pintucked a piece of calico, sprayed it with Moonshadow mist in 2 colours and cut it and rejoined it. Nothing exciting.

Next I sprayed 2 pieces of calico with different colours, cut them into small pieces and stitched them together and then pintucked the piece in places and stamped a bit on top. Looking better.


Finally in this round of activity, I stitched some more little cut shapes together, pintucked them thoroughly and cut them up and pintucked them some more. I am getting somewhere - this one has lots of potential and I like where it is heading.

This one I also played with - a Qantas Club paper towel which I have sprayed with Moonshadow Mist - actually I used it as a backing when I was spraying tags for the Marrakech book and then sprayed a bit more.

On the other half of the towel I stitched rows of pintuck, then stamped a design on it (you can see it in the real), layered black Gossamer fuse and a red chiffon scarf over it. Stitched a second row the other way and zapped it. Finally I pintucked a few rows on the diagonal.
Next I am working on layers of organza, cords and wire. But off to put on the dreaded Force shirt and off to watch them play the Crusaders.

3 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

This is looking really interesting. I'm looking forward to the next installment!

artisbliss said...

I'm glad your photos are clickable. Up close they're really something else. Hope the rugby was worth the shirt wearing!

Digitalgran said...

I love the way the pintucks are going.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...