Some of my playing around with pintucks. Before I could start I had to find my twin needle and my pintuck feet. Not easy - I don't think I have used this foot on my SE and had to fossick around in my other Husq box of tricks. Then I did some testing - I want to work as much as I can on aged calico with red/red/black threads. I found 3 different threads to use. I had to change the top tension which meant looking up the manual which made no mention of pintuck feet but of course there is an information bulletin on the machine. I found I needed to crank it up to 9 to get a nice ridge. Testing and sampling is something we should all do (she says who rarely does)
Then I pintucked a piece of calico, sprayed it with Moonshadow mist in 2 colours and cut it and rejoined it. Nothing exciting.
Next I sprayed 2 pieces of calico with different colours, cut them into small pieces and stitched them together and then pintucked the piece in places and stamped a bit on top. Looking better.
Finally in this round of activity, I stitched some more little cut shapes together, pintucked them thoroughly and cut them up and pintucked them some more. I am getting somewhere - this one has lots of potential and I like where it is heading.
This one I also played with - a Qantas Club paper towel which I have sprayed with Moonshadow Mist - actually I used it as a backing when I was spraying tags for the Marrakech book and then sprayed a bit more.
On the other half of the towel I stitched rows of pintuck, then stamped a design on it (you can see it in the real), layered black Gossamer fuse and a red chiffon scarf over it. Stitched a second row the other way and zapped it. Finally I pintucked a few rows on the diagonal.
Next I am working on layers of organza, cords and wire. But off to put on the dreaded Force shirt and off to watch them play the Crusaders.