Workshops

Sunday, October 07, 2007

What can I say?

First - thanks for all of the lovely emails and comments about my mother. She had a good innings and if we all make it to 93 we will be doing well. I have so many things I want to do I need to about 293 to get half of them done. Just as well she didn't like rugby or she would have been gutted
.

Second - all the emails and comments about the rugby. We watched England beat the Wallabies - that was a shock but not such a worry for us (I felt sorry for the players though)- came home for a couple of hours sleep - back up 2.30am and off to watch the ABs vs France. We haven't recovered yet - maybe the ABs will never recover. I feel so sorry for the team and the coaching staff - it was the best chance they ever had - they have worked so hard for 4 years and to lose. So many of the players are off to Europe where they will make lots of money and what will happen in NZ who knows. For me - I hope the French win the cup - they played with plenty of passion and have always been my number 2 team.

Off to breakfast with Bruce and Kazuko - recuperation.

I will get back later with my embellisher/rust/stitch effort. Go see what Lynda from purple missus has been doing as well. And Maggie - she has been printing onto Lutradur. No time for me to try all of these things before Tuesday.

2 comments:

verobirdie said...

Sorry for the AB, and thanks for saying we are your second favorites :-). From the beginning of the plays, journalists have pointed that it was the reign of fair-play, with fans of both teams joining before and after the matches to celebrate. I would say it is the biggest victory of the championship.

Unknown said...

Commiserations Kiwis - but the most wonderful thing about rugby is how fans from all sides can get together after the match with no nastiness - the football (soccer) fraternity could learn lessons from that. btw I hadn't realised that NZ players were excluded from the ABs if they played anywhere else but NZ - interesting that some of them are even considering moving to Europe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...