Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lutradur Book

I have made a little book from the pieces I painted up yesterday. This fabric is wonderful. I have stitched on the cover (since I am working on a word theme) and applied foils and joined all the pages together with the wood burning tool. Made some beads and applied them with the same tool. It has so much potential - I think I can see it replacing tyvek for me in some of my work - great to stitch on and I love the translucent effects of the pages.


I have used all three weights and Gossamer Fuse and created lumps and bumps in some of the inside pages.
I am teaching a workshop in Wanaka at the end of November on Postcards and I have always just used craft vilene for these and bonded two pages together to finish but now I am thinking I might play more with the Lutradur idea for some postcards. Not all - just a special one or two.

3 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Dale, well done , its really lovely .
Best wishes
Maggie

Sandy said...

The Lutradur really is nice. It makes a smashing book. Sandy

Jacquelines blog said...

It is gorgeous Dale!!! Normally I don't even like this colour but this one is stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...