This morning I went to calligraphy and I think my letters are slowly improving. It seems to me that I will have to practise forever and never be much good. At least I didn't make any nasty splotches this time. It all looks so lovely apart from mine.
I have been layering up felt, scrim, lutradur having painted it all with walnut ink. I thought the felt was kunin but of course it was not so it didn't distort much when I heat gunned it. I am going to cut and weave it and then print text over it. Click on it and you can the detail.
Last night I had a distaster in that I spilt a full jar of a strong walnut ink mix and a near full Ethereal Emerald Moonshadow ink - all over the floor and on things and everywhere. I mopped a lot up with tissue and then Tissutex. I know why I love Tissutex - it is fibrous and it is strong. The scan doesn't show as well as it might but the mica and colour has come up so well. I will decide tomorrow what I will do with all of this. Because I was busy cleaning the floor I missed the Chaser but I got to see it on line this afternoon. What a waste of money all that security was when they didn't even manage to check a hoax.
This morning I carried on my disasters by spilling a tub of blueberry yoghurt all over the kitchen floor, It looked a bit like projectile vomit and spread everywhere.
I shall try harder tomorrow but we are just off to Spaghi for now for a lovely Italien meal.