Workshops

Monday, February 13, 2006

Exciting Sunday


The weather is very humid and therefore revolting - best stay indoors and hibernate but instead I went to Mandurah with few others on a bus to see the Fragile Objects - Earth Coverings exhibition. Mandurah is Australia's fastest growing city. I haven't been into the main area for at least 10 years - usually drive through fast. Fabulous Performing Arts building though and good exhibition. The work has come from a workshop run by Glenys Mann 2004 and 2005. This piece is partof one of Glenys' works - horizons #41 Are We There Yet? involving plant dyed wool cloth, rusted. Plant dyed wool yarn. Hand stitched.

I am promising myself that as soon as the studio is finished I am going to have a day paper making, rusting papers, burying fabrics etc in the garden and some natural dyeing.

The evening, though, was a disaster as I pushed something wrong on my computer and the screen turned upside down and I had no idea how to fix it. Thanks to a kindly techie in the UK, though, all back the right wayup this morning. Not that much of a downunder girl!

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

Glad to have you the right way up Dale.

Helen said...

yay nice fixage there...glad ur no longer having to stand on your head dale :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...