Saturday, February 11, 2006

bodice sample


this is a sample for a bodice I am making for my Art to Wear entry this year. Hand dyed scrim for the bottom with needlefelting off-cuts and felted wool and throwsters waste. I have been working on my embellisher but just have to find the space to set it up each time and put it away - well on the floor with its cover on. Not really any space for it at present. I am planning to knit and crochet some bits and pieces to add to it. I have bought a fabulous book which has given me lots of inspiration - Roberta Furlanetto - Tessare Weave. It's full of lots of her work from a few years back but great inspiration for the embellisher and general textiley sort of stuff.

I have added some links which I hope are interesting - the Kawakawa Hundertwasser toilets, Waheke Island which we loved, the villa we satyed at in Portugal which I would recommend to anyone and my son Bruce's photo gallery - pics he took down the South West of Western Australia.

3 comments:

Helen from Canberra said...

Hello Dale,

I must say the book mentioned looks interesting (looked it up on the internet). Any chance of it coming to the Thread Studio???

Cheers Helen

PS Go those Brumbies!!!

Christine said...

Dale,
Bruce's photos are beautiful. He really has an eye for composition doesn't he.
Chris

jenclair said...

Oh, love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...