Workshops

Saturday, February 11, 2006

bodice sample


this is a sample for a bodice I am making for my Art to Wear entry this year. Hand dyed scrim for the bottom with needlefelting off-cuts and felted wool and throwsters waste. I have been working on my embellisher but just have to find the space to set it up each time and put it away - well on the floor with its cover on. Not really any space for it at present. I am planning to knit and crochet some bits and pieces to add to it. I have bought a fabulous book which has given me lots of inspiration - Roberta Furlanetto - Tessare Weave. It's full of lots of her work from a few years back but great inspiration for the embellisher and general textiley sort of stuff.

I have added some links which I hope are interesting - the Kawakawa Hundertwasser toilets, Waheke Island which we loved, the villa we satyed at in Portugal which I would recommend to anyone and my son Bruce's photo gallery - pics he took down the South West of Western Australia.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Dale,
Bruce's photos are beautiful. He really has an eye for composition doesn't he.
Chris

jenclair said...

Oh, love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...