Wednesday, April 04, 2007
I have been experimenting with layers - this is all on the embellisher - I have been exploring the arches and walls in my Stones of Venice book and wanting to use the new inks I got. I painted Tissutex with dragon's breath ink and gall iron ink and sprayed walnut ink and moonshadow mist on the surface and bonded it to felt and layered it with fibres and stuff. Ironed Gossamer fuse on the top and applied more ink. Zapped with the heat gun and copper Treasure Gold rubbed over in places. There's a chiffon scarf in there as well. I am quite pleased with the effects. I still haven't had any reaction from the acrylic wax over a pva base yet, Lynda, but I didn't want to use it here.