Workshops

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Short Sojourn in New Zealand part 2


 On the weekend Bev shouted me a painting workshop - Poppies. I have never done anything like this before so it was a bit of a different experience. Everyone else else other than me attends these classes with Vonnie Sterritt on a regular basis so I certainly was a newbie. Bev was quite determined about her colour choice and is far more of a perfectionist than i will ever be. 


Her finished painting was great.

This is mine - it was interesting to see so many different ending ups. The guy next to me was almost surreal in his work. It was a great experience. Quite different from my watercolour work.



On Monday we visited Ian's newly found 3rd cousin and her husband - Dawn and Patrick - had a great lunch and checked out their world.


 Patrick was a beefeater - the only kiwi one and maybe the only non Brit one. Such an interesting life living in the tower of London.


 I also visited Aunty Ivy to see how she is getting on. Full of beans as always.




 On the way down to Wellington on Tuesday I came across some interesting folk who followed me around as I was checking out the Foxton cemetery as you do



Here they are some more - they must wait for people to visit the cemetery for their daily entertainment.


In the evening I enjoyed the weather - the long hours of light (daylight saving eat your heart out Perth) and wandered around the Wellington foreshore.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds like a fabulous trip. How exciting to discover a cousin you didn't know about, and to have a Beefeater in the family.
Your painting is wonderful - no trace of being a newbie there.
Have a good journey home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...