Workshops

Sunday, March 02, 2014

Welcome to Paris


 Not sure where the days go by - the heat does not help - all these days over 30 and tend to forget what rain might look like. I changed my theme to Paris so out came my lovely little Paris Shoes book and my large box of papers and fabrics and paper napkins and wool and thread and a bit more. I am pleased to see the printed plastic bags I brought back from Paris with me.

 A page at the ready. The overlay was in the box with my Paris shoes.


 A collection of some things I have done this week - I am afraid my desk is a bit of a mess - that is what happens when you have at least 6 projects on the go.


On Tuesday I went to the Kaffe Fasset lecture at Perth Mod - loads of wonderful colour - he has a great eye for colour I must say. I bought Glorious knitting way back when and made a few. And today I found the Needlepoint book. I must have stopped buying them after that. He sure has produced a few over the years. There are some wonderful people around with a good eye for colour. I love to pull the books out and think colour for a time.



Yesterday we went down to Safety Bay and had a lovely lunch with Val and Jim in their Peppermint Tree restaurant eating crabs and drinking wine. Very relaxing indeed.

Followed the yachting but 2 races and a number of false starts - all abandoned. Grant came third in the invitation race on Friday but today did not go to plan.  That's yachting.

Don't forget to check out the new Limited Edition at the top of this page - it's a beautiful colour and Jacinta is dyeing up some flimsies to match so I can use one.

We enjoyed some of the rugby but not all must say. The Blues beat the Crusaders and the Chiefs beat the Highlanders and the hurries just got done in the last two minutes and the Force redeemed themselves a wee tiny bit in the last part of their game.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love your Paris book, papers and the folded book. I went to one of Kaffe Fassett's lectures in Bath,UK years ago. He is so natural and friendly and it was fascinating. I have several of his books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...