Workshops

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Time to go wandering again



 

Today we fly away to London to Ally Pally for The Knitting and Stitching Show - arrive tomorrow morning and go straight there to set up. We are looking forward to seeing lots of friends and customers - new and old - followed by our holiday afterwards. This year we are going to Cornwall on the train. Back before you know we have gone. In the meantime, someone is making it tricky to fill the business suitcase.

I have made a little sample book to take for demos - this year I am taking the Magical Micas and they are indeed magical - using a tiny amount of powder with my waterbrush - I love the way they are two tone and the mica just sparkles. These are in my holiday travel box for playing while I am away when I am not stitching - in the end I decided to go with two sets of threads - cool and warm. Just could not make decisions. I had almost decided on black and white with a dash of red but then changed my mind. that is rather more challenging and needs not holiday time I think.

I have also been exploring new uses for my favourite Tissutex so I have packed some of that as well. When you think of something new to play with you do have to experiment but it is so very rewarding when it works.

Deli paper - well I have tried the US one and Multix and also artists tracing paper (thanks Cindy) but they are all different. The Deli paper has a crease which annoys me for printing and it crackles quite a lot more - I am thinking that whatever you choose to play with is going to work in some way so if you cannot buy Deli paper in Aus, simply go with what you can find. The other paper I was waiting to try out was the bleeding artist paper - I ordered it about 5 months ago and it finally arrived - but it was brown now white. Not even worth complaining but Laura is very kindly sending me some so I can try it. On the other hand Tissutex is doing exactly what I want so I am happy.

I do expect to be a better blogger while I am away and I will post some of the excitements from the show and from Cornwall. really excited but better get packing or I will be left behind

7 comments:

Margaret Garrood said...

The weather in St Ives Cornwall is lovely at the moment- I hope it stays like it for your visit. Sit on the left hand side of the train when you come for the best views and be sure to visit St Ives. Have a good time.

Heather said...

Harley obviously wants to delay your departure. Where did the past year go? I can't believe it's Ally Pally time again already. Hope you have a great and very successful time and enjoy your trip to Cornwall.

Amanda said...

We're definitely having a good autumn here, hope it hangs around for you. I'm sure you will be inspired by something at the show.

See you Saturday!!!!!

Edwina Sutherland said...

Safe travels! Look forward to your travel diary!

Ro Bruhn said...

Have a wonderful trip Dale, Cornwall is one of my favourite parts of the world. I've found unbleached sandwich or deli paper here at Lombards the paper people, it's a fawn colour but it works well on the Gelli plate. It's around $20 for a quite large pack.

Teresa said...

Have a wonderful trip Dale & a relaxing holiday. Harley looks like she'd like to be in that suitcase !!

Julie said...

Have a fabulous trip Dale and enjoy my favourite county Cornwall. I'm going there myself towards the end of the month. :-) Have a magical time x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...