Workshops

Sunday, December 31, 2017

A holiday in Provence

In October we had a week or so in Provence at one of our favourite places - Menerbes in Le Petite Luberon. We have stayed here a few times now and always love it. My favourite from Rousillon

This year the jujubier berries were atill out in flower - they are apparently very good for you so I ate some. They have had no rain in the area since April or so and it was very very dry. 

We went to lots of markets this time - this is in Gordes - always love the spices and herbs. And always buy some and then hope I can get them back into Australia. Never a problem so long as there is no citrus stuff.

Looking back at Gordes

St Remy de Provence - a busy market  

We managed to buy more then we needed and had to leave them for Stephen when we left

And we bought too many olives but don’t they look fabulous

At Aix en Provence there were loads of interesting mushrooms - overwhelming really because we don’t see these in Perth
 
One of our favourite spots is Rousillon - the home of the wonderful ochres 
 
Lots of great doorways and steps
  
It was very dry and we haven’t seen the vines like this before - not good for lavender either they told us  

 
Oppede le Vieux - love the hidden little places  

 
I took heaps of photos of pumpkins so I could draw some and play with my watercolours
 
We went to the markets at L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue whre we saw all sorts of interesting stuff and bought a bit as well. In fact there was no money for lunch or a drinks so we had to go home with all our goodies. 
 
Les Baux de Provence - another fabulous spot but it was extremely windy and cold but packed with people even in October
  
The absolute highlight of our week was a visit to Carrieres de Lumieres at Les Baux - just fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. Just can’t imagine how we have missed it before.  
A visit to Apt

Trying to capture the old vines and the leaves  

Farewell to Menerbes for 2017        

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful part of the world that is. I love all those old doorways, archways and steps. The markets and old buildings look fascinating and I would spend far too much money if I went there myself. Thank you for sharing your photos. I can be an armchair traveller which is far less tiring than the real thing!

Sara lechner said...

I sas there last year and I was so impressed from this region I will try to visit it once more in the near future. So inspiring!

Digitalgran said...

We're spoilt by Facebook Dale. I just wanted to say 'Like' to ll these photos. Some of the colours are so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...