Workshops

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The end of another one


 Another year is almost over - amazing where time goes by. We seem to have had another very busy year working up to the last moment today but champagne and a bbq is on its way pretty soon. I thought I would share my little playtime



Newspaper page from The Broome Advertiser - actually a page about the Saturday markets - we didn't get there this year too busy swimming but we always get our soap and mango chillies and limes if they have them. I have used one of the new Joggles stencils - forget the name but it reminded me of the rock formations in Broome. First I painted Opulence paint in Sierra through and then I turned it around and sprayed a blue Starburst Spray through. Plenty of mica you might be able to see it.

Then I screened my thermofax screen of a boab tree in a silver and copper mix. Not so easy to see.

and stamped a few franipanis here and there with a shiny silver white.

What next - well I could bond it to felt and stitch. Let's see. But I do plan to play on some hand dyed fabric next. I might have to print words all over first. Watch this space in 2014. For most of the day I have been cutting and rolling our lovely new hand dyed hessian in yummy colours and writing the newsletter. Begone - it will be 2014 before we know.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the look of that stencil. Happy New Year - you will be getting up for another busy day at about the time we are falling into bed tonight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...